Yesterday, Microsoft Office Web Apps team introduced very cool new features to the web apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote).
In a nutshell, the new features are :
- Now in Excel Web Apps, you can add line, bar, pie, and many other charts to your excel speadsheets just from the browser.
- Drag and copy formulas and data just as you do in Excel.
- View Excel spreadsheets on your mobile browser. (Similar experience to Word and PowerPoint on mobile).
- Insert Clip-arts to PowerPoint presentations (from office.com).
- Embed a PowerPoint presentation or Excel spreadsheet in a blog or website. With PowerPoint presentations, viewers can page through a mini version of the slides or view in full screen.
- Now you can open Office files on your desktop directly from SkyDrive. Microsoft added this feature after seeing that over 90% of the Office documents on SkyDrive are created in Office on the desktop. Making it easier to work with those files just makes sense.
For more about the new features, demos and videos, refer to this post.